We’re really excited to announce the immediate availability of Postbox 2.1. This release contains new features, usability enhancements, and bug fixes, but let’s dive right into what’s cool…
New “Summarize Mode” for Message Replies and Forwards
Postbox’s Conversation View simplifies message viewing, and now, “Summarize Mode” extends these benefits to message Replies and Forwards. Summarize provides a clean and beautifully formatted who-said-what-when email that lets message recipients jump into discussions with more clarity, context and insight.
When you Reply or Forward a message, you’ll be presented with a toolbar button that toggles between two states: Quote and Summarize. Clicking on Quote will format the message with conventional indented quoting. Click on Summarize and Postbox will quote the entire conversation in a simple and easy to read format, as illustrated below:
For more information on Summarize, please see this Knowledge Base Article.
What else is new in Postbox 2.1?
- Ability to toggle between Reply and Reply All from the compose window via toolbar button
- Quick Look is now implemented for attachments in the compose window on Mac OS X. Select the attachment(s) and use the space bar to view them
- Support for “Mail As PDF” on Mac OS X within the Mac print dialog
- Added a keyboard shortcut for Paste Without Formatting to the compose window: cmd-shift-v (Mac) and ctrl-shift-v (Windows)
- Ability to configure Quick Reply to always default to Reply All via Preferences | Compose | Advanced
For the full list of changes, please see the Postbox 2.1 Release Notes.
How to Download
Visit the Postbox website to download Postbox 2.1. Or, you can use these direct links:
Mac OS X
If you’re already a Postbox user, simply install Postbox 2.1 and your current settings will be used, there’s nothing more to setup!
Get a Deal
Postbox 2.1 is a free update for all Postbox 2 users. If you’re using Postbox 1.x and would like be informed of special deals, see our “Deals Tab” on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or subscribe to our Newsletter.
Thanks to everyone who helped us with testing and feedback during the Postbox 2.1 BETA, we couldn’t do it without you!
- The Postbox Team
Posted by Sherman Dickman