Thanks to everyone who provided feedback on our first public beta three weeks ago. Your ideas and submissions have really helped to guide the direction of Postbox 1.0b8, which is now available for download.
Here’s what’s new in this release:
- Improved Conversation View - Postbox will now automatically gather messages from other folders when viewing messages by conversation. (You can also set a preference to only display messages within the current folder, see: Preferences | Display tab.) To see an expanded view of all messages within a conversation, click the “Show All” button.
- Quick Look - For Mac 10.5 users, you can now preview attachments and photos using Apple’s Quick Look technology. Select an attachment or photo and press the spacebar to Quick Look, or press the Quick Look button in the Action Bar.
- Flickr Integration - You can now use the Compose Sidebar to search for and share links to photos from your Flickr account.
- Hotmail Support - Hotmail POP account setup is now supported within the new account wizard.
- Other Mac Improvements - More information in Growl alerts, improved notification for unread messages in the Dock, and keyboard shortcut hints in application menus.
- Performance and Reliability Improvements - See our release notes to review the most recent changes.
Please continue to submit your ideas and thoughtful feedback, as we’re already setting our sights on the next release. And be sure to tell your friends, family, and co-workers about Postbox!
- The Postbox Team
Posted by Sherman Dickman